- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste, depending on the salt content of your chicken stock)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup currants
Melt the butter in a large saute pan, add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper, raise the heat to high and bring the stock to a boil. Take the pot off the heat and add the couscous. Cover the pan and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Add the pine nuts and currants to the couscous, stir and serve.
Source: Food Network