Bread Machine Naan Attempt 1 [No Yogurt]
Update: there is something wrong with this recipe, very dry on second try. Do not use.
A bread machine recipe for naan, for when you don't have yogurt on hand.
- 250 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- 1 egg
- 400 g bread flour
- 7 g dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried coriander
- 30 g butter
- 5 garlic cloves ( (crushed))
- sea salt
- fresh coriander ( (chopped))
- Add all the dough ingredients (wet first, then dry) to your bread machine and as per manufacturer’s instructions, set the machine to make dough.
- Divide the dough into eight roughly equal amounts. Take each one, roll into a ball and then roll out so that the length is slightly longer than the width (the naans need to be thin because they puff up). Do this with the remaining seven and place onto the prepared trays allowing space between them.Fry in a pan
- You can either let them rest again (covered with a tea-towel) or fry in a pan immediately.
- Mix the softened butter with the crushed garlic. Brush or spread over the warm bread, sprinkle with sea salt and a little fresh coriander. Serve while still warm (keep them covered until ready to eat). Enjoy!