A versatile and delicious peanut-y sauce, wonderful in wraps or on a noodle dish.
- 1 large or 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup smooth natural peanut butter, well stirred
- 1/3 cup canned full-fat coconut milk, well stirred
- 2 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp low-sodium tamari (I use 1 tbsp regular soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp Asian chili-garlic paste (I use Thai sweet chili sauce)
- 1/4 cup hot water
Put the garlic and ginger in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add all other ingredients except the hot water. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the hot water and process again, scraping down the sides again if necessary, until loosened and smooth. Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Source: Susie Middleton's Simple Green Suppers