BBQ Salmon with Peach/Nectarine and Berry Salsa
4 - 6 salmon steaks
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) olive oil.
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) balsamic vinegar.
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, crushed.
- 2 peaches (peeled) or nectarines, sliced thin.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely diced (unpeeled) English cucumber.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) thinly sliced red onion.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) finely chopped jalapeno pepper.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh mint.
- 2 tsp (10 ml) raspberry vinegar.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 1 cup (250 ml) raspberries.
Marinade: Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Place steaks in marinade and turn to coat evenly; let stand for 5 minutes.
Salsa: Combine all salsa ingredients except raspberries. Gently stir in raspberries; set aside.
Grease the grill and barbecue (or grill in oven) steaks over medium-high heat and cook for 10 minutes per inch (2.5 cm) of thickness or until fish flakes easily, basting frequently with marinade.
Transfer steaks to platter. Top with salsa and serve.