Bread Machine Naan Attempt 2 [with sour cream]
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 c water
- 2 cups all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled off with a knife, plus more for rolling
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast or rapid-rise yeast (see note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried coriander
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter, for brushing on finished naans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional), for serving
- Put in bread machine on dough cycle
- Shape the dough into a long rectangle and cut into 6 equal portions, dusting with more flour as necessary so the dough doesn't stick. Using a rolling pin, roll one of the dough balls into an oval shape about 1/8-inch thick (it should be about 9 x 4 inches). Pick up the dough and flip-flop it back and forth between your hands to release any excess flour
- Microwave butter and garlic for brushing on the naan
- Warm a large cast iron or heavy nonstick pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Plans naans in pan and cook until the top is bursting with air bubbles and the bottom is golden and blackened in spots, a few minutes. Flip the naan and cook about 1-2 minutes more until the the bottom is lightly browned and blistered in spots.
- Remove the naan from the skillet and brush with melted garlic butter.
- Place the naan in a tea towel-lined dish to keep warm. Sprinkle with parsley, if using, and serve warm.